The initial consultation takes 75 minutes and involves a discussion about your main concerns or symptoms, your medical history and an investigation into how your body systems are functioning. We will also discuss your current food choices, any recent test results as well as any stresses or imbalances in your life.
Your personalised treatment plan (based on the goals we agree) will include:
- Nutrition recommendations (including foods to avoid or limit and those to prioritise)
- Targeted supplement programme including sourcing information
- Selection of meal ideas tailored to your needs
- Relevant lifestyle recommendations (may include recommendations for gentle detoxification to assist the healing process)
- I may also recommend some diagnostic tests to explore certain aspects of your health further. Some may be available through your GP but I can also organise tests with specialist laboratories (for example to explore food sensitivities)
The initial consultation costs £140. This fee is inclusive of consultation time and your treatment plan with food and supplement recommendations.
Consultations take place at my practice room in London SW14 or via zoom / skype or phone. Home or work visits can also be arranged by agreement..
Follow up Consultations
The follow up happens within 3-4 weeks of our initial meeting. These reviews last 45 minutes and allow us to monitor progress, review test results and make any relevant changes to your treatment plan.
A follow up consultation costs £85 and is inclusive of updated notes and recommendations.
I also work with clients on structured programmes as I often find that clients want and need more support, and in my experience this leads to more successful outcomes.
Having more regular contact over a longer time period facilitates a deeper understanding of a clients condition.
A programme also enables me to coach and support clients through the changes I am recommending, and helps to make these changes sustainable.
I offer a choice of 3 levels of programme. All programmes include the key elements below but with varying levels of progress reviews.
· An in-depth health and case history assessment to help uncover the root cause of your concerns. This will also consider which body systems may be out of balance, dietary assessment, relevant medical history and other lifestyle factors.
· Personalised nutrition and lifestyle programme to include supplements where relevant based on your goals.
· Recommendations for any additional testing to help clarify treatment steps if required.
· Health coaching to support you in understanding the rationale behind recommendations and in overcoming any potential challenges in implementing it.
· A follow up review to monitor progress, review any test results and make any relevant changes to the nutrition and supplement plan.
· A series of progress review, the number and frequency of which depends on your needs and choice of programme.
Consultations, follow ups and progress reviews can be in person or via phone/zoom/skype.
This programme is designed to explore your key health concerns and goals, start to uncover underlying imbalances or triggers and provide you with the essential tools to embark on your journey to health and vitality. Cost £315.
The Gold programme offers clients more regular support with an enhanced level of contact and coaching support in order to help you achieve your health and wellness goals. This can be really helpful if you are dealing with health issues you have explored before and may well have made progress but have not managed to fully establish and benefit from these changes. Whether your concerns are related to body composition, digestive complaints, stress or sleep related concerns, healthy ageing or a more specific health condition, I can help you to put in place a plan that delivers results but is also achievable and with the support to ensure you need to stay motivated throughout. Cost £630.
This programme offers an even greater level of support. It may suit clients with more complex or longstanding health or wellbeing concerns who would like that extra level of weekly support, accountability and coaching. It is designed to help clients who wish to achieve big changes in their health and wellbeing and need or would like to make timely progress. It can be difficult to maintain motivation levels over a period of months and yet this is the amount of time we ideally need to really establish those dietary and lifestyle changes. This level of contact will ensure you have that coaching and support on a weekly basis. Cost £920.
I prepare and deliver presentations on various topics to varying sized groups. I usually supply samples for participants to try as well as displaying various products they wish to consider trying. Some of the workshops I have run this year include:
- A number of seminars in collaboration with the outdoor fitness company “Blitz” for it’s clients
- Healthy breakfast seminars for more intimate groups (in collaboration with informal groups such as parents networks, yoga practices
Guided detox programmes
Guided cleanses for groups which include an initial presentation, a comprehensive kit containing herbs, supplements and detailed instructions. Participants join an online support group where I provide daily contact, information and support as well as the opportunity for participants to feedback and share experiences.
“I have recently completed the “Cleanse and Reboot” programme run by Ruth. I did the course to kick-start a healthy eating regime to loose some weight without going on a diet. I have learned so much about nutrition and how the body metabolises food. I had fallen into bad habits like not drinking enough water, not eating enough vegetables and skipping meals and this was the reason for my lethargy and sluggish bowel. The initial talk was really informative, with a list of better alternative types of food to choose, as well as a prepared package of supplements and a dry brush, which was all new to me. I felt completely supported and encouraged by the group WhastApp that Ruth set up, with daily messages, recipes and tips. I would highly recommend this course to everyone and plan to do it a few times a year to keep me on track.” -G. Hurley
I have written articles for local fitness studios including Digme Fitness and Barreworks. Some of these are also available on this web site